Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend


Had a good (but not very restful) weekend with the whole family together. Kaelen is getting more used to the babies- who are now three weeks old. On Saturday the whole family went to one of Kaelen's favorite places- Fuller Park. Kamryn, Kason, and I watched Kaelen and daddy swing, climb, and slide. Kaelen is a real daredevil. On Sunday, we all went on a walk in our neighborhood and had our usual Sunday night supper at Culver's. It was so nice to be able to spend the weekend at home. I can't say enough about what a great place the The University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics NICU was and how blessed we were with the care Kamryn and Kason received but nothing compares to being together as a family at our home.

We are trying to get the babies on a routine. They are eating every three to four hours. Kason is the most laid back baby I have ever seen. (I told Jeff that he must take after his mother. Ha!) Kason must know that he needs to be laid back with having two sisters. He seems to have the routine thing down and does a great job sleeping when we want him to. Kamryn is a little more feisty. I think she is going to be our drama queen. She is always making noise. Even when she is sound asleep she still makes this little squeaky sound. We think she has her days and nights mixed up so we spend a lot of time with her from 1-4 AM.

Jeff went back to work today full time and managed to stay awake all day. Jeff's mom is coming over in the mornings to help out. I was even able to start exercising again this morning after many months. I feel pretty well recovered from my c-section. I made it 4 miles on the elliptical and can't wait to start running next week. Would like to do a marathon next Spring/early Summer if I can get enough sleep to train! Kaelen's school is having Spirit Week this week for Muscatine's Homecoming. Today was pajama day so she wore her new Dora PJ's.



Babies' first trip to Fuller Park




We think Kason really liked it...






As did Kamryn...







Kaelen climbing up her favorite ladder on the playground, definitely a little daredevil



Ready for Pajama Day

No comments: