Thursday, September 11, 2008
Thursday night
Jeff went home tonight to spend some time with Kaelen and to start to get her back on her routine at home. I can't wait to see her tomorrow night since it has basically been over a week since we have had any quality time together. She seems like she has grown up a ton in the past week. I told Jeff we are going to have to get used to dividing and conquering like this since we are the parents to three kids now. I have been really tired today so spent the afternoon resting. Tonight, I bonded with Kason- just held him for an hour and he held on to my finger. It was so sweet. We both even fell asleep for a while. I think Kason looks like his daddy. Kamryn was sound asleep during this time. With all the monitors, it is a little harder to get snuggle time in but the nurses have been very helpful. I think they know that now that I am feeling better I am going to want to hold my babies a lot more. I get discharged tomorrow and we will start taking things one day at a time with balancing Kaelen's routine at home and spending time with the babies in Iowa City.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats Tjebkes family! Your babies are so precious. Glad to hear you are feeling good!
Stephani Rife
Hey, Kan! Congratulations!! I didn't know you had to have a C! ugh!! tougher recovery, huh? They are beautiful and you look great, too!! Am sure it is going to be tough not taking the twins home with you, but they are in good hands and where they need to be right now! You did great! Am sure Kaelen will be glad to have you home too!!! Hang in there and rest, if you can, when you need to!! Prayers are with you all!! Jodi
Post a Comment