We are back to our routine today after having 11 days off of work and two vacations. It was nice to have a few days to recover after our trip to Chicago. Jeff and I even took a two hour nap on Monday after we took the kids to Happy Home. This is a huge rarity for us to take a nap.
We had a good July 4th despite the rain. Luckily, it did stop in time for Jeff, Kaelen, and I to ride on the Happy Home float in the Muscatine parade. Kaelen was a little cautious at first but got into seeing the doggies along the parade route about halfway.
Kaelen continues to amaze us with what she knows. She moved to the three year old preschool room at Happy Home. She will be three in exactly one month. Today, her class went on a field trip by school bus to the Niabi Zoo in Coal Valley, Illinois. I am not sure if she was more excited for the zoo or for the ride in the school bus. She had a great time! Last night, I took her to get a haircut. She got about two inches cut off- all the "baby" fine ends. It looks really cute. Yesterday, we were talking about her upcoming birthday cake. Jeff asked her what she wanted on it in terms of a decoration and she simply said "frosting." That's my girl!




No comments:
Post a Comment