Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend in Chicago - Part II

We had a great Sunday in Chicago. This morning I ran the Chicago Spring Half Marathon. It was an awesome race- super well organized and a great postrace. The start was right downtown at Lakeshore East a really nice park which was a two minute walk from the Swissotel. I gave myself a belated birthday present of running my fastest half marathon so far- 1:42:50. This was two a half minutes faster than I ran in Des Moines in October so I was super excited! Kaelen ran in the Junior Dash- 50 yards and loved it! She got a ribbon and candy after she finished so that made it even better. The only thing I ever want when I finish a long run is Diet Pepsi and sure enough, they had Diet Pepsi at the postrace. I want to try to run this one again next year.

We ventured to Navy Pier after the races. We rode on the Ferris Wheel (second largest in the world), the carousel, and on the FAST boat- Seadog. Last June when the whole family went to Chicago, Kaelen, Jeff, and Nate went on a boat ride on Lake Michigan on a SLOW boat. Ever since then Kaelen has been talking about going back and riding on the FAST boat. She was not disappointed as it was FAST! We ate lunch at Bubba Gumps and then headed home.

Jeff and I feel blessed for having the one-on-one time with Kaelen this weekend. She is becoming a SUPER big girl (as she told us), is lots of fun to hang out with and is wicked smart. We definitely missed Kamryn and Kason and were thrilled to be back home to give them hugs and kisses tonight.



Me (in the black shorts) running to the finish line











Kaelen getting her ribbon and candy

So pleased with herself



Heading to the top of the world on the Ferris Wheel
(Don't you love my MOM Bag?!)



The view is great!






It was very windy on the Seadog

No comments: