Sunday, November 22, 2009

Feeling better

Jeff and I had a good time in Arizona but were happy to return home to the kids Monday night. Unfortunately, we returned home not feeling the best. Saturday, I was freezing all day in Sedona. I am usually cold but never shivering cold like this was. Then Sunday at the Cardinal game, I totally slept on Jeff's shoulder, during the second quarter. Not my typical NFL game behavior by any means. It was a good game with the Cardinals beating the Seahawks. Kurt Warner, our fellow Iowan and former grocer, had a great game. I did not feel any better Monday but we had to fly home and by Monday night I had a fever of 103. Besides the fever, I had a terrible cough, sore throat, body aches, and was just plain exhausted. I stayed home from work Tuesday and Wednesday. Jeff came down with it on Tuesday night so I had to get better quickly since we both could not be down with the three kiddos. He finally felt better by Friday night. So happy to be past that!

Thursday morning, we received a call from Kaelen's preschool that Kaelen had an accident and her front left tooth was chipped. We were bored just waiting for something to do- NOT! So, Grandma and Grandpa Tjebkes and I took Kaelen for an emergency visit to Pediatric Dentistry in Iowa City. Unfortunately, she chipped it at an angle and the nerve was exposed at the top of the chip. So, Dr. Polly did her best to try to secure the nerve and save the tooth. If the nerve had not been damaged it would not have been a big deal but that wasn't the case for Kaelen. Only time with tell if the fix works. We are watching it very closely for any signs of infection. It was very traumatic for all of us, especially Kaelen. She was very scared and did not want anyone messing with her tooth. A trip to the Coral Ridge Merry Go Round with Grandma and Grandpa Tjebkes afterwards and the BIG dog balloon she received from Grandma and Grandpa Halstead helped ease some of the trauma. Kaelen was a very brave girl and still has the sweetest smile in the world maybe even sweeter now with her chipped tooth.

Saturday, we went to the Christmas Parade in Davenport. It was a beautiful morning with the sun shining. There were about ten large balloon floats that were very cool in the parade. Kaelen even saw one of her best friends from school at the parade and enjoyed watching it with him. After the parade we went to The Machine Shed for a late lunch, drove home, Kaelen and I got groceries, and then it was time for church. Today, I ran, Jeff and I took turns cleaning the house, and we watched the Patriots beat the Jets. The Patriots were the late game today- 3:15 PM. Kaelen kept asking all morning when do the Patriots play and was very concerned that she was going to miss the game. I made the comment that Tom Brady is the #1 Quarterback in the NFL and Kaelen looked at me and said, "No mama, Tom Brady's number is #12." Smart, smart girl she got me on that one.

Kamryn and Kason are doing very good eating table food. Kitchen clean up now takes about 30 minutes longer though. Ha! Kamryn has four teeth now and two more are really close to coming in. Kason has no teeth yet but does not let it stop him at all. He is our best eater. Kamryn is walking all over and will go from a sit to a stand without hanging on to anything. Kamryn and Kason both adore their big sister. Kamryn will imitate everything that Kaelen does. It is really cute and funny! Kaelen loves to give her sister and brother HUGE power hugs too. Kamryn is on the go a hundred miles an hour the whole time she is awake. I wonder who she takes after. Yep, exactly like her mom. Kason is a little less intense but only by about 20%. They are very active babies to say the least. They both know Touchdown and raise their arms up in the air when we say it. (We teach the important things at the Tjebkes' household).





No comments: