Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Potty Time

Big news from the Tjebkes' household. Kaelen is now a BIG girl and uses the potty!!! In the last two weeks everything clicked for her and potty training happened. We give her tons of praise and stickers for her shirt and potty chart each time. She is so proud and loves to wear her underwear. The past two days she has been 100 percent using the potty. Jeff and I are very happy to have one out of diapers. In the past two months she has really grown up- she gave up her pacifier and now uses the potty. We told her if she did both of these we would take her back to the BIG city- Chicago. The five of us plus nephew/cousin Nathan will be going there in 11 more days. Kaelen is soooo excited!!!

This past week Jeff and I both had to go to Chicago for work to attend NeoCon. It is a big office furniture show held every June in Chicago. This is the one work trip we both take at the same time. Grandma and Grandpa Tjebkes kept the kids. One of Jeff's main projects for the past two years- Stride was introduced at the show and it won a Best of Show Silver Award (highest level given for this category). See image below. I am not sure if you can say office furniture is beautiful but Stride is really nice looking. Jeff and I enjoyed a nice dinner out at The Melting Pot fondue restaurant. The cheese course is our favorite. Definitely not a place to bring the three kids as the whole meal took over two and a half hours. Our annual Cubs Wrigley Rooftop Party at NeoCon was rained out this year so we were disappointed. This is a really fun event put on by one of my fabric suppliers with tons of yummy food. Since the Cubs game was washed out, we kept our Cubs spirit by eating at Harry Caray's- another really good restaurant in Chicago.

My brother Kregg had major neck surgery in Thursday. We are praying for a full and speedy recovery for him. Kregg is a HUGE Brett Favre fan! I am confident he is going to be okay as when I spoke with him Thursday night a few hours after the surgery he was joking that the Vikings were waiting on him to commit to playing after his surgery. So I figure if he can talk NFL right after his surgery he is doing well.

Friday afternoon Jeff attended Donuts with Dad with all three kids at Happy Home. Kaelen made a super cute dinosaur picture frame with her picture in it for daddy. She has been singing her daddy songs also like "I want daddy. I want daddy. Yes siree. Yes siree." Very sweet. No donuts for Kamryn and Kason but they did like having daddy visit them at school.



BIG Girl






Stride

No comments: