
Too bad I could not have gone to the other side of Massachusetts to see a certain NFL team with a certain quarterback who is now back after knee surgery practice. Very hopeful for the upcoming season- Patriots are #1 in the power rankings so far. Yes, even with three kids I do have time to follow NFL power rankings. Am definitely getting the itch to go back to a NFL Game. Last time we went was in 2005 to the Patriots vs. Jets. There is nothing like a NFL Game in person. Can't wait until we can take the kids to their first one. Jeff and I went to the Bears vs. Packers game on our second date so he knew what he was getting into early on. Ha!
Jeff went to Chicago last week for work. So I know he will be super tired when I get home just like I was thrilled to have him home last week. With three kids, you definitely depend on the second parent being there. We have busy work travel schedules coming up the next few weeks- multiple trips to Chicago and then I go to Chicago and San Francisco in the same week. Neither of us had travelled for work since February and now it all comes at once.
Spent last weekend catching up on things at home. Since we were gone the last two weekends we had a big to do list. Kaelen was a great helper and went to Wal-Mart and Hy-Vee with me. She is all about Hy-Vee now since they gave here a lollipop at the check out. Kamryn and Kason are rolling all over, belly crawling, and turning their bodies all around to get where they want to be. Kamryn made her way over to the Thomas track and managed to dismantle it while Kaelen, Jeff, and I were eating lunch. We made two trips to Kaelen's favorite park- Fuller Park over the weekend. Also, enjoyed a cookout at Kevin and Monica's Saturday night. Kaelen had a great time with cousin Nate. Our nephew Taylor was also there since he is in town for the summer. He is enjoying his internship so far. Taylor is doing great at Iowa State in mechanical engineering. I joke that engineering school must have gotten easier since I attended it. We took him out for pasta at Salvatores last Thursday. When we picked him up I prefaced our time with "You will think this is crazy, but this is our normal life." Sunday, Jeff braved it and took all three kids to Menard's by himself. They managed very well. I remember one time when I saw someone we know at the store with all four of the kids of his kids by himself and I wondered why did he bring all the kids by himself. I now totally understand- because mom needed some time to get a few things done at home by herself!
Time to board my plane and get back home to my wonderful family that I miss very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment