Spent the majority of the weekend tending to sick babies. Kason and Kamryn both came down with the flu. So, we stocked up on Pedialyte and tried to comfort very fussy babies (very different than their normal behavior). Our doctor was on call this weekend so we spoke with her twice. She said there is a big time flu outbreak going on in Muscatine for babies and toddlers. (Luckily, Kaelen is still well). On Saturday, I did 20 loads of laundry with two washers just trying to keep up and the babies had multiple baths. The doctor said this will last 4-7 days most likely. Let's pray for four or less.
Friday night, we had our monthly bible study group over to our house. We skipped the month of March so it was great to see everyone again. Cousin Nathan watched Kaelen and she had a great time with him, as usual. She cried when it was time for Jeff to take him home. Saturday, Kaelen and I went to Wal-Mart. I love taking Kaelen to the store with me. She loves to yell out what we are looking for. For instance, if I tell her we need bread. She will put her hands up to her face and yell out BREAD until we get to the bread aisle. The other shoppers seem to get a kick out of it also. The Easter Bunny was at Wal-Mart. We looked at him from a distance for a while and then he came up to our cart and brought Kaelen a sucker. She liked that part of it. She said that the "Easter Bunny is not real, just for fun." A very smart two year old, huh? I went for a nice ten mile run Saturday afternoon. It was a little windy but great to be outside with the sun shining. Jeff and Kaelen went to Fuller Park and had a great time as you can see from the pictures below. Also tried to get caught up on some projects at home since we had been gone the last two weekends. I cleaned out the babies' closet and packed up a bunch of Kamryn's (and Kaelen's before that) clothes that she has outgrown to take to cousin Madison next weekend. Six month clothes are getting tight on the babies now. Since things were running so smoothly and we were bored (NOT), our water heater decided to quit working Sunday morning. Luckily, I had just showered after running on the treadmill. Jeff called our plumber and tried a few things but no luck. Our plumber will come Monday morning to fix. So, Jeff and Kaelen went to Jeff's parents to shower and bathe tonight while I stayed home with the babies. I plan to go the Y in the morning so I can shower before work. At least the babies were okay after so many baths yesterday.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment