Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter from the Tjebkes family. We've had a good week.

The twins finally got over their stomach bugs. It took 5-6 days before they were completely back to normal.

Kason and Kamryn turned 7 months old on April 7th. They are getting bigger every day! Kamryn decided she wanted to show off a little and she rolled from her front onto her back yesterday for the first time. We were not expecting it at all and she seemed to do it without effort or really trying, she just quickly flipped over. I missed it but Jeff, Kaelen and my mom witnessed it. So far there hasn't been a repeat. At the time Kason seemed content to watch her do it without seeming very impressed...

On Friday morning I ran 23-1/2 miles (prep for the Madison marathon next month). I am finally starting to get my mental toughness back for long runs. I am a firm believer that running 20 miles is physical but anything greater than 20 is pure mental strength. I ran 17 miles of it with one of my running partners- Terry. I am so impressed by him. He is 61 years old and is in the shape of a 35 year old (my age) or better. Terry will run in the Boston marathon next week. I pray I can run like that when I am 61.


Friday afternoon, we drove to Waterloo to my parent's house. I love going to their house as my mom makes all my favorite foods for me- like Monkey bread (which was waiting for me when I got back from running Saturday morning) and Jello Cake. We got to met Madison, our new niece. She is a very pretty baby with dark hair. She was so light when I held her. Hard to believe that Kamryn and Kason weighed two pounds less than Madison when they were born. Kaelen enjoyed dyeing Easter eggs (a great thing to do at Grandma's house!) and a back-yard Easter egg hunt (thanks to Aunt Natasha) with her cousin Danny. We drove back to Muscatine Saturday night. Taking even a one-day trip is very time consuming for us now, it takes about 8-10 hours of packing, unpacking, cleaning, laundry, etc. for a one-night trip for the 5 of us (no kidding!).


We enjoyed some good family time at home today. Kaelen did an Easter egg hunt in our house this morning and enjoyed playing with her new Barbie, Ken, and Barbie Jeep from the Easter Bunny. Barbies were always one of my favorites so I am hoping Kaelen will also like.


Here are some pics from the past week.



Kason, 7 months old!


Kamryn, 7 months old!





Kason with Kaelen's little black dog (don't tell her).




At Grandma and Grandpa Halstead's house



Madison & Danny (both Kandice's brother Kregg and Natasha's kids) with Kaelen, Kamryn and Kason



5 seconds before that picture was taken...




Sisters!




The boys




Kaelen enjoying coloring some Easter eggs outside on a beautiful day



We wondered if her hands would actually come clean...



What fun!




All smiles




Kandice, Madison, and Tanya (Natasha's mom)




Kamryn enjoying a little time outside





I found one













At home Easter morning, Kaelen searching for eggs around the living room with Kason curiously watching




















Don't worry, we did not let her eat the entire chocolate bunny



This is Kaelen's new Thomas train set. Ok, perhaps Dad likes it too...





No comments: