Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back to Work

I returned to work on Monday. I am working in the mornings for five weeks and then will go back full-time. So far so good with getting three kids ready in the morning. It goes like this- 4 AM I get up to run (call me crazy but I prefer a good run to sleep!), 5 AM get myself ready, 6 AM Jeff and I feed the babies and get them dressed for the day, 6:30 AM we get Kaelen up and ready, 7:10 AM all five of us are out the door. Jeff and I are both taking the kids to Happy Home in the mornings for now. Then I go and pick up Kamryn and Kason after work so we can spend the afternoon together. The babies are still eating around 9:30 PM, and then again between 2-3 AM. Jeff and I can't wait until they can make it from 9:30 PM to 6 AM!
My role at work has expanded so in addition to being the Product Business Manager for Surface Materials (fabric, paint, laminate, veneer, etc.), I am now also the Environmental Marketing Manager. This means I market HON's sustainability journey. I have a lot to learn but am up for the challenge. I will have to do a lot more presentations to customers so will get to improve my public speaking skills which is never a bad thing to do. I have to go to Boston in two weeks to man the HON booth at the Greenbuild trade show. I have no idea what I am going to say to people but I will come up with something! Was not planning to start travelling so soon but I am confident that Jeff can handle all three kids. Better to be busy than not as HON went through a major workforce reduction last week. Fewer people are buying office furniture with the bad economy.

No comments: