Saturday, July 24, 2010

July

Wow- the month of July has gone by quickly! All three kids have been taking private swimming lessons this summer. Kaelen absolutely loves it and appears to be part fish or mermaid. This week she swam down and got a quarter off the bottom of the pool with no problems. Kamryn is usually all smiles during her lesson. Kason is starting to get more used to the water. This week I could really see progress as he only fussed for the first five minutes of his lesson. As long as his teacher kept singing, he was good. Their swim teachers- JoAnne and Bree are wonderful!

Kaelen also started a soccer skills class this week. A few weeks ago, she told us that she really wanted to play soccer. I have no idea where she got this from as we did not watch a minute of the World Cup in our house. She did great and really enjoyed it. She learned how to stop the ball, dribble, and kick a goal. So we have been practicing soccer a lot in our living room at night. Jeff took Kaelen to get shin guards and long soccer socks this afternoon. At soccer they have a team meeting at the end of the lesson and talk about teamwork, etc. This week they focused on the word caring. Each kid went around the circle and said what they care about. Six out of seven said their mom and dad. Kaelen said, "My two cats!" At least she is original. Ha!

Last Saturday night, Jeff and I enjoyed a night out at the Darius Rucker/Brad Paisley concert. We had a great time, had wonderful seats and saw an excellent concert. Before the concert we enjoyed dinner at Biaggis. They have squash ravioli there which is my favorite food! We got home from the concert a little after midnight and were in bed by 1 AM. Then I got up at 3:50 AM to join my running friends on our annual migration to West Liberty, IA. Had a good 21.5 mile run thru all kinds of weather- heat, humidity, rain, thunder, lightning, and wind. The rain saved me as it was 80 degrees already at 4 AM. When I was finished, I ran to Jeff's parents' place in West Liberty where the kids stayed overnight. Kaelen was surprised when she woke up and I was there. She was even more surprised when she asked me how I got there and I told her I ran there!

Work has been hectic to say the least for Jeff and me the past few weeks. Trying to get a lot done before we have a week off for vacation. We are heading to Disney World in Orlando the week of August 2nd. Don't worry, we are bringing lots of reinforcements- Cousin Nate and Grandma & Grandpa Tjebkes. I need to get busy packing and will most likely be pulling a few all nighters this coming week to get ready to go!

Last night the three kids participated in the Jr. Bix in Davenport. This was Kaelen's fourth time participating and it marked Kamryn and Kason's first running race. I am hopeful that there are many more to come. Kaelen was all about her medal and getting a Whitey's Popsicle afterwards. Kamryn & Kason did a great job running as fast as their little legs would go.

After running to West Liberty

Pic from the Brad Paisley concert

Kason getting ready for football season (D-Fence!)




Kaelen so pleased with her medal!

As was Kamryn!

And Kason didn't want to stop running!!

The rewards of running the Kids Bix

Princess Kaelen checking out Kamryn and Kason's early birthday present

They have one of these laundry centers at day care and just love playing with it
(Kason, thanks for holding your sister's Barbie Jeep for her)



Kason with his absolute favorite thing around the house - the vacuum



Kaelen showing off her new soccer socks and shin guards

Kamryn hanging out ...with Ken


No comments: