Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

We had a fun and busy three day Easter Weekend. Friday we ventured to Waterloo to visit my parents. Kaelen went fishing for the first time with Grandpa Dick. She really enjoyed it. The fish did not cooperate but Grandpa did catch a 2" long fish. Ask Kaelen how big the fish was though and she stretches her arms out as wide as she can. She has "fish stories" down. Saturday, after more fishing, we had an Easter Egg Hunt in Grandma & Grandpa Halstead's back yard. Kaelen and Kamryn loved it so we had to keep hiding more and more eggs. Kason found two eggs and was content to carry them around the whole time. He wanted to explore the front yard since we were in the backyard. Kaelen was also busy helping Grandma Bonnie cook several of my favorite foods- lasagna and jello cake. Very yummy! After all that activity, Kaelen and Jeff relaxed in the hot tub before bed.
Sunday morning, I went for a long run all over Cedar Falls and thru the UNI Campus. Needed to after the jello cake! Then we left my parents and met Jeff's family for brunch at Iowa River Power. More good food. Kason was so sweet he just sat up and ate brunch like a big boy. After brunch, we dropped the kids off at Grandma & Grandpa Tjebkes so Jeff and I could come home unpack and regroup for the upcoming week. That is no small task right now for the five of us. Uncle Chris & Aunt Melissa also came over to help entertain the kids. They even colored Easter Eggs. (Which I always think is an excellent activity to do at Grandma's house. Ha!)

Time to relax



Kaelen's new ride

Good thing my big sister does not know I am on this!


Chef Kaelen

I think I have a bite

Fishing with Grandpa Dick

Grandma Bonnie chasing Kason (a full time job)


Yes, Lock up your Daughters!


Let's find more eggs





Fun with the new bubble maker



Born to ride

Time to color eggs with Grandma Nancy & Aunt Melissa

My Masterpieces

Thanks Uncle Chris & Aunt Melissa- this was fun!


No comments: