Last weekend my friend Stacey and I headed to Phoenix for the Rock-n-Roll Arizona Marathon- 26.2 miles thru Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe. The marathon was on Sunday and we flew down Friday night. We spent Saturday preparing for the race mentally, physically, and emotionally. We went to the race expo, drove the course, drank plenty of water, and ate bananas and pasta (at Maggiano's- one of my favorites). We stayed right by the finish line at Arizona State University so we got up bright and early- 5 AM and took a shuttle to the starting line in Phoenix Sunday morning. The weather was perfect- 52 degrees at the start and about 70 degrees when I finished. It was a great marathon and I set my new PR of 3:55:13. I will take that after having three kids! The last time I ran this marathon was in 2005- when it was just Jeff and me. Yeah, my life has changed a little since then. After our race recovery, Stacey and I did some shopping and had dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Then it was back to reality on Monday when we flew home. It was a great girls weekend away. Very relaxing too even with running a marathon. I am grateful to Jeff for giving me a quick break from our crazy life. Running a marathon is a lot more than me pounding the pavement for 26.2 miles, it is many weeks of training and long runs on Saturday and Sunday mornings while Jeff manages the kids and the home front.
Once I was back home, Jeff left for a quick two day trip to Chicago for work. We spent this weekend catching up on things at home, lots of playing with the kids, and watching football. Kaelen's imagination is definitely expanding as we now play things like school and grocery store. This takes a lot more energy on mommy and daddy's part. Ha!



No comments:
Post a Comment