Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy May!

We had another active weekend. Is there any other kind? Friday night, we had our monthly Bible Study at Gary and Ann Harrison's. Saturday, I took Kaelen to tennis. Since the weather was nice, tennis was outdoors for the first time. After tennis, we went to Wal-Mart. The Humane Society had dogs on display outside the store for their annual fundraiser. This was a big hit with Kaelen as we visited all four dogs. That afternoon Jeff and Kaelen went to Davenport to do some errands. The highlights included a trip to Whitey's for 'nilla cone and Target to get a motorized Thomas the Tank Engine for Daddy- Oh! I mean Kaelen. It is really neat. Kason enjoys watching it go too while Kamryn spent most of her day rolling.


Sunday, I ran 25 miles. It was a great last training run for the Madison Marathon in three weeks. Thanks to my running partner Terry for going 18 miles with me starting at 5 AM. That's a true running partner! As strange as it sounds I have really enjoyed training for this marathon. I have never felt like it was a chore that I had to go out and run 20 plus miles. My legs feel like they are getting stronger and I have gotten my race nutrition down thanks to G2 Grape Gatorade, Salt Pills every five miles, and Sport Jelly Beans. I plan on enjoying myself during the marathon as six months ago when I started running after my c-section I never thought I would be ready. I used my Christmas present from the kids- an hour long massage tonight after work. My hamstrings are pretty tight so this should help them recover.


Sunday afternoon, all five of us went to Fuller Park for some fun in the sun. It is amazing how Kaelen climbs the ladders with ease now while last fall she would struggle. The amount she has learned from age 2 to 2-3/4 is incredible. Kamryn and Kason enjoyed watching all the activity at the park and going for a walk in their side by side stroller.


Congratulations to our friends Beth and Doug Thomas. They welcomed a baby girl- Madison Elizabeth last Wednesday, April 29. They are all doing well. (I lived with Beth for three years during college). This is their first child. We are so happy for you and know you will be great parents!!


Here are a couple weekend pics of the twins in their jumper and activity center, which they really love.





No comments: