Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A first for us

Kandice and I had a "first" since we've been together. Unfortunately, it wasn't good! On Sunday we both came down with the flu at the same time. Kandice didn't feel that great in the morning, and by the afternoon I was coming down with it. Getting sick is bad enough, but there is a whole different level of concern when you have 3 kids to care for and you both just want to crash in bed and sleep it off. Luckily the babies and Kaelen didn't get it (whatever it was) and Kandice and I both felt better by Monday afternoon.

Otherwise the weekend was good. We had bible study on Friday night, then the Happy Home Christmas party on Saturday morning. On Saturday night we had the twins' dedication at church, and Sunday morning we had a Christmas get-together with the Halsteads in Muscatine. It was such a busy weekend, we're both looking forward to the 16 days off work starting this weekend.

Kaelen has her Christmas concert on this Thursday. There is freezing rain and snow in the forecast so we're hoping it goes on as scheduled. They kids have been practicing two songs for months so we're anxious to see them and I think Kaelen is really looking forward to it.

No comments: