Monday, October 31, 2011

NYC vacation and getting ready for Halloween

A week ago, Jeff and enjoyed a long weekend in New York City.  I went out for work on Tuesday and then Jeff flew out on Thursday and we came home together on Sunday.  We had not been there together since I was 6 months pregnant with Kaelen.  I love the energy of New York City but I am always ready to get back home to a less populated area after a few days.  Jeff and I enjoyed seeing some bands we like in concert (Summer Set and The Downtown Fiction), saw two Broadway Shows (How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying with Daniel Radcliffe and The Addams Family with Brooke Shields), and some great kid-free meals! 




This is the new Freedom Tower being built at the site of the World Trade Center

9/11 Memorial- what a moving place

All the victims names are etched on the edges of the memorial

The High Line- elevated walkway, very cool!

Love fall in NYC

Kamryn the Butterfly enjoying Boo at the Niabi Zoo

Kaelen the Butterfly

And Kason as Thomas the Tank Engine

Trick or Treating at Niabi Zoo







Kaelen and Jeff went to Haunted High School put on by Muscatine High School Students.  Kaelen loved the face painting!!

No comments: