Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weekend in Chicago

Last weekend we went to Chicago for some family fun along with nephew/cousin Nathan.
We had a great time despite the weather. It was rainy and super windy!

We enjoyed lunch at a family favorite - Rainforest Cafe.






Our hotel was right by Navy Pier so went and checked out the Children's Museum. It was fantastic! We will definitely be going back there soon.




The dinosaur exhibit was the best and the kids even got to dig for dinosaur bones!




Yes, Nathan was digging too!!




The water room was pretty cool also!




Swimming was also a highlight. Nathan thinks Kamryn is ready for the Muscatine Swim Team.

This picture makes me laugh as it was right after Nathan and I chased Kamryn and Kason thru the hotel lobby, restaurant, and bar.

I ran the Chicago Spring Half Marathon Sunday morning. Not my fastest or my slowest half but the only one I have run in sideways rain and 20-40 mph headwind along the lake for the last 6 miles. Took all I had to remain upright at times. Had to laugh as the rain was hitting my face so hard it hurt! Got 5th in my age group and 50th out of 1291.

No comments: