Everything has been going well at the Tjebkes House. Been busy as usual. We celebrated my brother Kevin's 50th birthday (yes, I am his much younger sister) and Valentine's Day. Jeff and I went to Taste on Melrose, one of our favorite restaurants in Iowa City, plus fit in a quick shopping trip to Target, while Grandma and Grandpa Tjebkes watched the kids. We had lots of appointments this past week also. The babies got their synagis shots for RSV- only one more month left for these shots. Kason is so big now that he required two shots- one in each thigh. Poor little guy. Also, we are very blessed as our insurance has been paying for the shots 100%. We thought we would have to pay 10% of the total $5000 per month but that has not been the case. Kaelen went to the dentist- not a great experience as she got sick there. And Kaelen and I got haircuts. Kaelen loved the spinning chair and cried when we had to leave.
Also fit in a busy week at work for Jeff and me. HON's largest customer came to visit. I gave them a presentation on style and color trends and how they tie to HON's surface materials. Those who know me well may be chuckling a little after reading that as yes, I would wear my running clothes 24/7 if I could. But I do at least know what the trends are.
Kamryn and Kason started eating green veggies and have enjoyed green beans and peas so far. Kamryn especially loves the green beans. They are definitely becoming more aware of each other as we have seen them holding hands multiple times recently. It is so sweet! They have also been into their crinkle toys lately and have been laughing a lot. Kaelen continues to be a great big sister. She is always giving the babies love and sharing her favorite toys with them. Kaelen is developing a great sense of humor and is constantly making us laugh. She will purposely call all the animals cows in one of her books to get us to laugh. Friday am, the truck key broke off in the ignition and I was fussing about it. She told Jeff to get sticky tape to fix it as sticky tape fixes everything on Dora. Friday night while we were eating dinner, Jeff was telling me about a project at work. I asked Jeff who the project leader was and before he could answer, Kaelen said "Obama." Whether we realize it or not, she pays attention to everything we say and do.
Yesterday we went to Davenport. We had lunch at Famous Daves and went to a few stores one at a time while the other one stayed in the van with the kids. During lunch Kason was fussy so I took him out of the stroller to hold him. He immediately started laughing and laughing like he knows how to get what he wants. Very true- he has it figured out. Before heading home, we stopped at Whitey's Ice Cream for some Graham Central Station Ice Cream. It is the best and one of the main reasons why I run!! Running has been going well. I am retraining my body how to do long runs. Did 18 miles two weeks ago and 21 miles last week. It helps that I have two great running partners that are marathon maniacs. Today we hung out at home and played. We even enjoyed a game of Dora Candyland with all five of us. Kaelen enjoyed wrestling with daddy. She told us that she is "very happy" today. What a sweetie!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I think that Zip (like Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe [sort of did]) is mellowing as he reaches his advanced years!!
Post a Comment